Monday, June 17, 2013

Sleeping

I, like most people, enjoy my sleep!  I might require more than others but just the same, I enjoy it!! 

Let me tell y'all a little bit about my way of sleeping,,,,,no, this isn't about to get personal!  I have what is called sleep apnea.  The short of what that means..........I stop breathing throughout the night so I have a CPAP machine I wear at night to help me STOP doing this and get a better nights sleep.  So, if you can, imagine this is me instead of this lovely lady in the picture and this is what I wear to bed every night.
The only difference is mine is pink. I have to be able to "girly" it up a little bit!
Next, I have a teeth grinding issues, this might be due to the amount of stress I have in my life, but I digress.  So along with this LOVELY head piece, I also wear a mouth guard that you can't really see but it makes me talk kind of funny. At least it helps me from grinding my teeth off to little numbs I guess! 

If anyone breaks into our house y'all they are going to get WAY more than they bargained for with me looking the way I do when I sleep!!

And the next piece of information I am going to share with you, might come as a shock to most but,,,,,,,,,,I am here to share so here it goes.  I, Mama Nellie, Sleep with a stuffed animal.  Yes, I am thirty something years old and I sleep with a stuffed animal.  No, I don't take it places with me when we spend the night, it stays at home.  It is a stuffed piglet and he sleeps with me every night at home.  I think it is just a comfort thing....I don't really know!  Don't judge me!  I am sure there are PLENTY of people out there who have something, maybe not a stuffed animal, but something they sleep with at night that helps them sleep. Anyway, he sleeps close to my face most of the time until he falls of the bed that is.  

Okay, know onto the topic at hand.  The reason for my post today is I would like to thank the good officers at DM PD for doing an excellent job of helping me with my "situation" on Saturday night!

For about a month now there seems to be an after party that has moved into our neighborhood around 2:30 A.M. EVERY Saturday night and wakes me up out of a DEAD sleep.  Know when I say dead sleep I mean DEAD sleep.  When I have my CPAP on, mouth guard in, and piglet by my face,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it takes A LOT to wake me up!!!  But I can ALWAYS tell when it is 2:30 on Saturday nights these days!!

So when the time came this past weekend, after being sick with strep throat and not feeling well still, I decided to take matters into my own hands!  I looked out the window to asses the situation.  When I did, all I saw were cars lined on both sides of the street all the way down the block and GROVES of people in the middle of the street!  It was like Mardi Gras had come to our neighborhood!

There was an SUV parked right in front of my house FULL of people screaming at each other but from what I could tell they were just talking, yelling to try to talk over each other.  All smoking and drinking and having a good old time y'all!  Now, I used to KNOW how to have a good time,,,,,,,,,,,,but when I have a baby in my house sleeping and they are about to wake him up!!!!!!!!!  This is NOT going to end well for someone!

So I called the police and within about 10 minutes or less all it took was ONE squad car to drive down the street and I have never heard so many car doors shut, engines start up, an crickets chirp all at once in my whole life!  It was the sweetest sound on earth!!!

And the best part,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B slept through the whole thing!!!
B and I snuggling on Sunday.  I LOVE these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment