Monday, June 3, 2013

18 Months Old!!

I can NOT even believe it that my baby boy is 18 months old today!! It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital and now he is in the big boy room at school and being sassy at home to his mama!!  I wouldn't have it any other way! Well maybe the snuggling at night, I do miss that, but otherwise, I love watching him grow right before our eyes!

It was a very laid back weekend, well as laid back as it can be for Mama Nellie's house, and that is just fine with me!  Saturday started with working down at Farmers Market where the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!!  It was very busy but I LOVE it that way!  Can't wait for the next time I get to work down there.  It won't be this weekend as I have an AMAZING opportunity to be in Iowa City this Saturday.  (More to come on that later!)

Saturday afternoon we just all hung out and watched some movies and played outside a little bit.  It was very relaxing after a busy morning for me.  Then Sunday Mama went and got a mani/pedi and I LOVE my time of doing this! I don't really spend much money on myself but this is one thing that I really enjoy doing and I try to do it at least once a month.  I ALWAYS have my toes painted but my fingernails I don't care as much about.  But this time I just wanted to really pamper myself so I went all out.  I just needed some me time! :)

My lovely Pedi after a great foot massage!


This week is going to be CRAZY busy for all of us!!!  Tomorrow morning B has and ENT checkup since he is STILL getting ear infections and his tubs are starting to come out already.  So we are going to see what our next step is with that.  Then as soon as I get off work we are making a FAST trip to Omaha to the airport to meet my AWESOME brother in law who is coming back from being deployed for a year with the Army!  It will be great to see him after being gone for so long!!

We are getting a hotel room in Council Bluffs tomorrow night and then taking B to the Omaha Children's Museum to see how he likes that!  I am sure he will be have PLENTY to see and play with there!  I can't wait to see his little brain turn trying to figure it all out! :)

I decided to wear my hair El'Natural today and this is how it looks.......well with a little product in it of course! :)

I would also like to tell y'all about an AWESOME road race that my friend is doing on September 28th!!! It is called The Brew Mile and it is just a mile run and you can either Run, Jog, or Walk and it is going to be a BLAST!!!!  It is going on at the same time as Oktoberfest in Des Moines and if you win in your division, you win your weight in beer!!!!!!!!!  Does it get any better than that!?!?!?!?!?!  I DON'T THINK SO!!!!  Let me know if you have any questions or check out their SWEET web site!!!  I really think it will be a great annual event!! I am already trying to find a GREAT costume to run in!!  Anyone want to run on my team?!?!?!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!! I will have PLENTY of pictures of the home coming for y'all after tomorrow night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment