Thursday, October 17, 2013

Getting Old!

I must be getting old.........things that never really bothered me, or I felt were that big of a deal, are REALLY starting to bother me!!

Now I know being a mom changes you but I am REALLY starting to he my MOTHER come out of my mouth more and more these days!!!!  LOL

I can remember when I was going up when we would go out to eat at a restaurant that was a pretty big deal.  I am not talking about McDonald's or  something like that, although that didn't happen that much either!  I mean like a sit down and eat type of place. 

I am telling y'all, people are just rude these days!!  Customer service is a thing of the past I think!!  Went to eat at the Village Inn around the corner from the house.  The tables were not full and when we walked into the place there were people waiting to be seated. This I have NEVER seen in the almost 10 years I have lived here!!  VI is never that busy!! 

The hostess takes FOREVER to come up to see how many and then tells us there will be a 7-10 minute wait.  I look around and see plenty of empty tables.  She says her waitress are a little overwhelmed and she is giving them time to breathe.  I have NEVER heard of this in ALL my life!!  I have worked in food service since I was about 15 years old.  If it is busy and you are overwhelmed you just keep going!! Not at this VI location! Their manager/hostess likes to make other people wait while they get a chance to "breathe" and get caught up. 

Let me take a step back here.  I should have known better than to go here in the first place anyway.  I have went to this location several times and always TERRIBLE service EVERY TIME!!  So I really should not be surprised by this happening. But I thought I would give them another chance.  WRONG!!  I won't be making that mistake again!

After waiting there for about 7 minutes and the 3 other tables ahead of us had not been seated I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer.  So we headed up the street to Perkins.  I was in the mood for breakfast food.  We get there and I think there were 3 cars in the parking lot.  Great we will be in and out in no time................or so I thought!!

One of my pet peeves is when you walk into a restaurant and they have a host stand, they should greet you right away and be pleasant!  Well the manager was talking to one of the staff members behind the counter and just glanced at us and said "I will be with you in a sec."  OH that drives me NUTS!!!!  NOT professional at all!!

Once we got seated our waiter came over for our drink order.  We just got water so that was pretty simple. Then he came back to get our food order and that went pretty smooth also.

Here is where things went down hill!  It took FOREVER for our food to get there.  Now when you have a little one it seems like YEARS when they are hungry and it takes a long time to get their food.  And remember, there wasn't very many people in there at all!  Then when he did finally bring our food out, he dumped my glass of water all over the table and wasn't really apologetic about it.  Or very quick to clean it up to be right honest with you! 

I have started to see customer service go down hill and it really makes me sad!  I remember when it was important to treat your customers with respect and they were always right.  Remember if it wasn't for me being there you wouldn't have a job.  Now, everyone feels entitled to having a job and owed something rather than needing to earn it!  It just makes me sick!!

I am not one to talk about religion or politics on here.  It is just a MESSY topic either way.  However, I am glad the BIG BABIES in Washington took their heads out of their ASSES long enough to get something figured out!!!  Not that it matters, it sounds like it will happen again in January if they don't get their shit figured out! I am just tired of the little man in middle America doing all the hard work being the ones that have to feel the pain of the ASSHOLES that CONTINUE to get paid and don't feel ANYTHING from what they are doing to everyone else!!!  If I was doing what they do at my job......................I WOULD BE FIRED!!!!  Maybe they all should be FIRED too!!!!!!!

Well there is my soap box for the day y'all!!

Piece & Chicken Grease Y'all!!!!

P.S. Drive thru at Subway is the BEST invention EVER!!!!!  I love that I don't have it get out of my car to eat something semi-healthy!!!!!  LOVE SUBWAY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment