Monday, December 30, 2013

WOW!!!! Already?!?!?!

Holy Moly y'all I can't believe the Christmas season is over already!!

That was like a whirl wind of craziness and it was over! 

It makes me very sad to think it is over so fast but I was SO BLESSED this year!!!

So many great things to tell y'all about..............where do I start!?!?!?!?

Well, of course the family get together last weekend was a GREAT graze feast as promised!!  I am pretty sure I put on a good 10 pounds by just walking into the room y'all!!  We all spent time talking and laughing and I even got to see some old pictures my Grams found of when my aunt did a project in high school and used us cousins to help!!  It was great!!

The week at work was crazy because it was so short with Christmas being in the middle it really threw things off!  I worked Monday and part of the day Tuesday as Big B's school was letting out early for the holiday.  I had to run to the grocery store first before picking him up.  Who wants to take a toddler to the store on Christmas Eve?!?!?!?  Not this mama!!! 

Since Big B is getting older now and starting to understand things a little more we decided to start our own "traditions" for Christmas.  The plan was to go to church for Christmas Eve service and then go to Iowa Beef Steak House for dinner.  We love eating there and who doesn't like a good steak and potato y'all!?

Of course the best laid plans..................I wasn't feeling very well by the end of the afternoon and this just didn't work out very well.  So we decided to just head to dinner.  It is LITERALLY three blocks from our house so we didn't have to go very far!!  If y'all have never been to this place you should go at least once!!  We usually split our meal and still leave miserably stuffed!!!  Big B loved his pork chop and baked potato!!

After "waddling" out the door we headed home to see about opening just one present!  Big B has been tortured by all the presents under the tree this past week!!  He wants to open them every day and I kept telling him he had to wait for Santa to come!  So we decided he could open one the night before!! (this we preplanned on our part of course!!)

He opened his jammies and Smurfs The Christmas Carol movie.  The plan was to watch the movie but again, the best laid plans and all!!

Christmas morning was AMAZBALLS y'all!!!  I can remember getting up at 5 in the morning so excited to see what Santa brought!!!  Well our little man isn't too far behind his mama!!!  He was up at 5:15 and bouncing off the walls!!!! 

Still not all that into the Santa thing yet but SUPER EXCITED about presents and to see he got new stuff!!!!  Santa brought him his VERY OWN chair to sit in that has cars on it so he was excited about that!! 

Unwrapping presents is SO much fun to watch when a 2 year old is doing it!!!  I could have wrapped a pair of socks and he would have been excited about it!! Watching his face light up every time was all the presents I needed this year!!!


I leave you with a picture of my little Santa himself!!  How cute is he!?!?!?!

Happy New Year Y'all!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment