Friday, November 22, 2013

NOT a FAN!!!!

So this will be a short and sweet blog for y'all today!!  I am NOT a fan of this SHITTY cold ASS weather we have in Iowa!!!  Someday I will live on a beach that has a view like this!

From our trip to Kauai HI in October of 2010
Don't get me wrong, sledding and riding a 4-wheeler in the snow is a good time but to live in it for the next 2-4 months??!?!?!  HELL NO!!!  The only time I like to see snow is on Christmas morning and then it can stay around long enough to go sledding for a while and that is it!

I have about an hour drive to work on a sunny and 75 degree day so after it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get home last night I figured I better leave early this morning.  I headed out in PLENTY of time, knowing the roads would not be great.

I didn't get 2 miles from the house...................and my day went from not bad to ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

I was driving all of about 40 miles per hour and I hit a patch of ice (I thought the whole road was a sheet of ice but that is just me!) and it sent me into a 360 spin in the MIDDLE of the road y'all!!!!  Oh and did I forget to tell you there was a car coming from the other direction!!!!!!!!!  AWWWWW HELLLLLL NAW!!!!

What could I do?  Nothing! I bump it into neutral and just start praying!  The car that was coming from the other direction must have slowed down because after doing about 3-5 full spins in the road I hit more than likely the ONLY dry spot on the road y'all and it sent the car straight into the ditch!

Thank you JESUS my baby boy wasn't in the car with me!  I wasn't hurt and the car was completely fine! It was running fine just sitting in a ditch............and stuck! So after I stopped shaking hard enough to pick up the phone I called my daddy to come and pull me out of the ditch. 

I must say, it is nice to know that there are some nice people left in the world.  I had three people stop to make sure I was okay and didn't need a ride anywhere.  It was only about 20 minutes for my dad to come to the rescue and pull me out. 

I was out of the ditch in about 5 minutes and headed to work.  The roads got a little bit better the closer to work I got but they weren't that great the whole way in.  Lets just say this, it is going to be a LONG ASS WINTER if I go by how things went this morning!

However, I will say this................I am kinda looking forward to seeing Big B outside in his Carhartt bibbies and snow boots playing in the snow for the first time this year!! He has been putting his Carhartts on in the house and he thinks he is pretty big stuff!! :)

Try to stay warm out there!!!  I have found a new canning recipe I will be trying hopefully this weekend so stay tuned for that!!!  Warm Apple Pie!!! 

Piece & Chicken Grease Y'all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment