Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's Cookin Y'all?

Sorry this is late y'all but is has been NUTS'O crazy around here!! 

Here is just a short recap of all the FUN activities we did last weekend.  Of course there are some pictures for y'all too!!

Saturday morning we finished emptying the storage that we had ALL of our junk in!!  There wasn't much left so it didn't take long thank goodness cause it was COLD as SHIT out y'all!!!  Big B was THRILLED to be outside cold or not!! He was SO mad at me for making him go in the house!

Big B braving the cold weather!
Next up was a trip to the store to buy all the great stuff to make for either my Grandma's Thanksgiving on Sunday or or AMAZBALL Hot Apple Pie drink!!

We had never made the drink before but just bought some at the craft show a couple weeks back.  After buying it we thought we could make it just as easily!!  So to Pintrest I go for a good recipe to try and here are the "fruits" of our labor!!  (I know y'all I should have been a comedian!!)

If you would like the recipe we used you can find it here.  We didn't put the Everclear in it since we aren't big drinkers but it tastes AMAZBALLS without so I can't even imagine how it would taste with it!!

Hot Apple Pie Drink jarred and ready for the fridge

Next up was some pie baking!  I had Big B help me with this.  He is becoming such a big helper in the kitchen!!  I am sure is because when he was a little baby I used to plop him in his bouncy seat and set him in the kitchen while I cooked supper and talked to him like I had my own cooking show!  Yep, y'all I am weird and damn proud of it!!!

Two home made pecan pies from my Great Grandma James' recipe 
I took one of these to my Grandma's Thanksgiving on Sunday.  I will say this, it wasn't the best one I have made but it was still pretty good.  Pecan pies aren't the easiest pie to make.  It is very hard to tell if the inside is done and mine wasn't all the way done.  But that is how you get better, by making more!!

Terrible picture, but these are pilgrim hats I made for Big B to take to school
After we got home on Sunday, I put these cute little things together.  They are so simple to make and all his friends loved them at school. 

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving tomorrow and try not to eat TOO much food!!  I will be back to fill y'all in on my BLACK FRIDAY shopping experience!!!!!  I already have plans to be at a store bright and early tomorrow morning at 5 AM!!!

Piece and TURKEY Grease Y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment