Friday, September 6, 2013

Football.......Not just for Men

As y'all know I am a HUGE fan of college football!!

My favorite season of the year is fall because that is when college football is in full swing and I love the weather outside.  I am not a huge fan of it getting darker outside earlier but I love the leaves turning and the crisp air!!

Well Saturday morning I get the PRIVILEGE of going to my first game of the season with one of my FAVORITE men EVER!!!!  MY DADDY!!!

We are going to the Iowa vs. Missouri State game at Kinnick Stadium and I am as giddie as a kid on Christmas morning!! My daddy doesn't drink so there won't be much tailgateing for us but we love to walk around and take in all the sites of the tailgaters! 

My favorite part before the game even starts is watching the players get off the bus and go into the stadium.  It just gets me SO excited for the game and I usually get teary eyed!! I know...........I'm such a girl!!!

As soon as we go inside and find our seats (we don't have season tickets so usually don't have the same seats every time) I have butterflies the whole time watching the boys warm up!!

Now that I have been to the Ladies Football Academy I feel like I have a better understanding of what those boys go through on Saturday's before the game.  Don't get me wrong y'all, I have NO IDEA what they really go through as far as playing in a game but, I was getting nervous, and I don't play!!!

Now let me help you understand a little bit of how things go for those of you who have never gotten the privilage of going to Kinnick!

The stadium starts pounding and is SO loud you can't even hear your own heart beating!!!  AC/DC starts playing Back in Black and up on the big screen..................The boys in Black and Gold are coming down the tunnel! 

I have goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach!

There they are.................just outside the tunnel waiting to swarm the field!  My FAVORITE part.......the video on the big screen.  The semi truck driving down I-80 runs over the mascot of the opposing team! 

The crowd goes NUTS!!! 

The whole team runs out onto the field and IT IS GAME TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I am not able to make it to Kinnick I LOVE watching college football in general.  This year, we decided to make some cutbacks and don't have cable tv.  So with that being said, football is limited to about 1 game and that is all.  Unless, going to a bar to watch is in the agenda! 

My other team of choice to watch are the Oregon Ducks!  I just love watching them play because they have such a fast team and a hurry up offense.  Now that there head coach went to the NFL, things might be different.  Chip Kelly, you will be missed by me anyway!   

Anyway, y'all have a safe and happy weekend! Be safe and enjoy some FOOTBALL!!!! 

GO HAWKS!!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment