Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hello Laaaaddddyyyy!!!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought to yourself............GROSS!!!!!!!!  Who the HELL is that and when did she get here!?!?!?!

As y'all know I have always struggled with my weight but it seems to be worse now then ever! I went to the doctor today for a check up and I was the heaviest I have been in a very long time! I did really well when I was on Medifast (weight loss meals) but I just can't stick with them.  For one thing they are expensive to stay on. For another, I LOVE FOOD!!! 

I was watching a show tonight on T.V. that really got me thinking.  It was called Extreme Makeover Weight loss and it was a HUGE eye opener for me.  It isn't just about the food that you eat.  It has to be about the exercise you do as well. It takes hard work to lose the weight and keep it off.  I just don't know if I have the will power to do that! 

When I was in school I hated running but now that I am older it is a HUGE release for me mentally and emotionally.  However, the heavier I get, the harder it is to run.  So I try to keep my weight down but I seem to be under a LARGE amount of stress these days and me plus stress equals weight! Yes I am using that as an excuse and by putting it in this blog I hope it will MAKE me do something about it!

I looked back at some of the pictures that were taken just from the State Fair and I am disgusted at what I see.  I need a change in my life but I am not sure how to go about it.  I try to keep my portions to the correct sizes and not eat fast foods but I know stress is a HUGE issue for me.   

Stress does a lot of crazy things to your body.  I don't usually talk much about it and I like everyone to think that I am doing good, or as I like to say, "I am doing fine."  But the truth of the matter is I am not doing fine.  I am in a deep whole of stress and worry all the time and that does terrible things to your body! 

When you are under a lot of stress and worry you don't sleep well, eat well, or think well.  All three of these things are not good for you or the people around you.  I always try to put on the face that I am handling things well but lets be honest y'all.........................no one can handle everything all the time!! 

So I have decided to search deep within myself and come up with a routine that will work best for me.  I need something that I can do as a mommy with limited time, but still something that will help my mind, body and soul be healthy again!! 

I am not sure what all that means but I will let y'all know when I figure it out.  Like I said before, changing my food habits alone isn't going to cut it! I have to do something else!

Sorry this is kind of a downer post tonight but it is amazing what watching one show on T.V. can do for you!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment