Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day two of the Fair!

I took a vacation day to enjoy the fair.  I ended up sleeping in and not going down to the fair very early but that is a nice thing about camping at the fair.  You get to do what you want when you want!!

I headed down to see what was going on in the cattle barn and have a couple of beers with everyone. This is one of the great things about knowing people that show cattle or livestock in general at the fair.  They get to have coolers in the barns.  So they can have beer in the coolers and you don't have to go spend $11 on a glass of beer and be broke in no time!!!

So I hung out in the barn for a while and took my favorite nephew out for some ice cream and to walk around for a little bit.  We checked out the dairy barn (our least favorite cattle) and looked at some boots he was wanting to get.  Then headed back to the barn. 

Tonight was the Cowgirl Queen Contest in the Jacobson Building.  I am not usually one to sit and watch a horse show but this is totally different.  I was once (back in the day) a Rodeo princess (or something like that) and I have been around livestock my whole life.  We aren't much with horses but my Aunt and Uncle and cousins are.  My one cousin was privileged enough to be a Queen candidate for the Cowgirl Queen Contest this year so I HAD to go watch!!

They have two divisions, Juniors & Seniors.  My cousin was in the Senior division and in the LAST class!!!  So getting in there early, wasn't a big concern! 

My sister-in-law and I decided to walk around a little before hand and check out some of the other girls.  They really go all out for this thing.  Some of them had their our "glam team" there doing their hair, makeup, and getting them dressed.  Then there was the horse to get ready too!!  What a big to do!!!!

My Cousin is in the black hat.  She did a great job!
She didn't win but I thought she did amazing and there were A LOT of girls there! 

After the contest was over, we headed for the shuttle to take us back up to the camp ground.  But first we had to make a pit stop.  I needed a little bit of sweetness to get me to the top of the hill.  So I stopped off for a funnel cake to enjoy on the way up.  It wasn't the best one I had had but it was early in the fair and I was sure they would only get better!

As most of you know, the first Friday night at the fair is known as East Side night.  Well you see all kinds while making your way to the shuttle and going by the Bud Tent.  It wasn't even 11 o'clock at night yet and there were plenty of people on the other side of drunk!!!  I am telling y'all................if I knew there was going to be that many law enforcement officers there, and that many more waiting for me when I left..........I would think twice about drinking that much at the fair! Plus remember those $11 beers I was telling y'all about...............well those don't get any cheaper if you drink more!!!!  I don't know how people can afford to drink that much!!! 

I will just stick to my cans of beer in the cattle barn from the color the redneck way!!! 

So we made our way through the drunks and crazies to the shuttle and back to the camper safe and sound.  It was a semi-early night to bed as I was working farmers market in the morning bright and early at 5:45am!!!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment