Friday, August 23, 2013

The Great State Fair.....Day 3

Before I start today's blog I have to tell y'all something!  For the past 5 years (give or take) I have had polish on my toes SOLID and it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine (I have talked about it on here before) about people wearing sandals and not having their toe nails painted.

WELL, today I do NOT have mine painted!!!  With the fair going on and being out there I didn't get in for my usual bi-weekly appointment so I have went over a month without getting my pedicure.  Now to some this might not be that big of a deal..............But to me.............THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a FREAK when it comes to not having them painted and then to have sandals on today on top of that!! I am almost in a FULL ON PANIC ATTACK!!!!!

Calm down everyone, I am going STRAIGHT after work for a pedi and polish.  I just keep my feet covered and not let anyone look at them!!!

Alright y'all now that I am done with that lets get back to the fair review!!

Day three was a Saturday and I worked Farmers Market that morning for my GREAT friends at Breakfast Delights.  If you are ever at market you should stop by and see us and get some amazing food!!

My nephew showed feeder babies (these are baby calves that are just getting broke to lead and show) and he did an AMAZING job.  I wasn't there but Grandma saved the day by videoing the whole thing for me!!! I am such a proud AUNT!!

After getting back from market and showering off all the grease I headed down to the fair for the day. The first thing I did was.................You guessed it!! Got some food!!!  So many choices, what should I eat?!?!?!  My choice that day was a delicious Dutch letter and Gold Peak Tea from the Wooden Shoe!! Those Dutch Letters are SO GOOD!!!!!

Then it was time to do some walking around!  Headed for under the grandstand to do a little shopping and see if there was anything I couldn't life without.  NOPE didn't find anything but did get some great Christmas gift ideas!!

Off to the Walnut center do continue with my shopping of the fairgrounds. Didn't really find anything there either but it was nice to have air conditioning for a little bit.  Across the street is the horse barn, but better yet is the western wear stores.  Some of the best shopping can be done on the fair grounds!!!  They have really good "Fair Specials" on a lot of things and I usually try to get my "cowgirl" attire during the fair.  I had a pair of boots picked out before going and I knew what I wanted.   Just needed to find the right size.

Here is where the problem comes in............I don't have "girly" sized feet.  I have my mother's feet, which means they are very long and narrow.  Not as narrow as hers but I do have long feet.  So just like anything else that us "fluffy girls" like, they don't make them in our size!!!  The boots that I LOVED and wanted to get and was willing to spend $300 on...................OH they don't come in your size!!!!!  If they can make them in the one size smaller.........why can't they make them just the next size bigger?!?!?!?!

Next comes the bling belt I wanted to get!  My niece has one and she always tells me I need to get this or that.  So I was so excited to get something to be like her........WRONG!!!!  Again, fluffy girls don't get to wear things like that!!!!

So as you might imagine, I was DONE shopping for the day!!

The fair grounds had started to get pretty full by this time of the day with the weather being really nice so we decided to just make it an early night and head to the camper for some "home cooking".

We ate some grilled loan, fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, and just relaxed on the deck.  Yes we build a deck for the camper at the fair.  Some year I am going to get a picture of it for y'all to see!! Now keep in mind this is my parents spot, if in the next oh 10 years of being on the waiting list my name comes up and I get my own spot......I might or might not have a deck of my own!!  LOL

Since I had been up pretty early that morning it was an early to bed night for me but it sure was nice to relax and sit on the deck and enjoy some family time!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment