Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Fair Quick & Dirty!!!

So I thought I could do this for each day but things just keep coming up and it gets farther from the days of the fair and that means it is harder for me to remember what I did each of those days!

I am going to do a recap for y'all the days 4-11!! I know I am being a slacker but I just have so much other stuff to talk to y'all about, I can't be trying to remember EVERYTHING!! :)

Here are the high-lights!!

My little steer jock! Uncle Erik is SO Proud!
B was having a blast in the cattle barn learning all the ways to be a steer jock! His cousin L LOVES showing him around the barn and pushing him in the stroller.  B looks up to him so much and had a blast with all the kids in the barn!!
Look Mom, this is where the steer goes!

One night while we were waiting on Papa to be done in the pig barn, we sat out on one of the benches and watch the "BIG" horses get hitched up on the street!  B thought this was pretty cool!!
Here we are watching the big horses!

I did work at my office's booth some during the fair, and since most of my family camps out there I had visitors stop by now and then! It was nice to break up the day and I got to see ALL my babies that way!! I didn't get a picture with me and my princess though! (Sorry K) :(
Here is my peanut and I at my office's booth

The food at the fair is just AMAZING!! I wanted to try things I hadn't tried before, were new and or had tried in the past and maybe would like them now.  Well, I found out that I STILL DO NOT like turkey legs! YUCK! But I tried to eat most of it because if I am going to pay $8 for the stupid thing y'all I damn sure am going to eat it!!  I tried the new Graham Champion Square......DELICIOUS!!! I ate my usual, footlong corndog, corn brat and funnel cake, but this year I tried three new things the MAYBE I shouldn't have because now I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!  First off would be the Dutch letter, I talked about that already, the salted nut roll..........AMAZBALLS!!!  And last but not least.....................THE SHRIMP CORNDOG!!!!!!

Now y'all, I will eat just about anything that has corn dog batter on it, but SHRIMP!?!?!?!?  Does it get any better?!?!?!?  Oh My Goodness!!!  It was SO YUMMY!!!! 
The Shrimp Corn Dog!!
Keep in mind y'all, I did have 11 days to eat all these things.....................but still, not the best for a dieter!!! :(

Back to the recap! We went to some free concerts but my favorite was Jana Kramer! She was pretty good and I loved her on One Tree Hill!
Jana Kramer
One night I went walking with my nephew L and we had a blast!! They have the cutest cutouts around the fair that you can take pictures in!! We went to town on these!!!
And finally, the last day of the fair was all about B!  He got to start the day with his favorite breakfast.....PANCAKES!!  Then it was up to Little Hands on the Farm for some farming!  He had a blast and it was VERY hard to get him off the tractors!!

I am a very proud mommy as he took his hard earned money (they get a "$1" for their crops they sell) and bought a banana!  He does love his nanas!

Next we were off to the Ag Building to do some Combining!  They had a set up there with tv screens so it looked like you were in a field combining.  It was for actual farmers to see how the machine worked but they let kids to it too!  He had a great time driving!!
B driving the Combine!
Off to the pig barn to watch some of the pig show and let mommy have some down time!!  I LOVE watching the pig show but to a 20 month old..........this is less than exciting! HOWEVER, if your Papa is in the show ring........it gets a lot more exciting!! :) I don't know who was more excited.........mommy that he wanted to be out there, Papa that he wanted to be in the ring, or B that he was with his Papa!!
B and Papa at the pig show!
When you do all this you need to be able to get your rest! So here is B, getting his rest at the fair!!! It was few and far between as he is a pretty busy little boy!! But you have to catch some ZZZZ's when you can when there is that much to do at the Iowa State Fair!!
B catching a nap at the fair!


Well y'all that is a quick and dirty of the 4-11 days of the fair! Sorry I couldn't do each day but I just have so much other stuff going on that I want to get to!!!  Mama Nellie is busy these days!!!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment