Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hell YA!!!!

Just a quick check in to let y'all know how things are going. 

I am on day 8 of no pop and going STRONG!!!  I have really not missed it too bad to be honest with ya.  Okay that is a BIG F'ING LIE!!!!  I would stab a brother for a Diet Dr. Pepper right now!!!!!

Okay, got that out of my system for the time being!  Eating has been going pretty well!

Date night last weekend I got to have some AMAZBALL salmon at Jethro's in Ankeny.  Yes I had a side of mashed potatoes too but it was a small side damn it!  I did get a side salad too!

We saw the movie Grudge Match and it was VERY GOOD in my opinion!  I am not a movie critic by any means but if a movie makes me laugh I like it! Enough said, right?

Since it was FREEZE YOUR ASS COLD out this past weekend (Like NORTH POLE COLD y'all) I decided to go to the grocery store on Saturday and stock up for a weeks worth of meals.  I know this is what you should always do but I am not the best at doing this.

I got stuff to make vegetable beef soup (one of my faves!) and chili since it was so cold!  Then I hit the jack pot with whole wheat pasta being on sale so I got some of that too!  Boneless skinless chicken breasts where on sale too so there was a double bonus! (I know, I am weird, I get excited about finding good deals at the grocery store!)

We did order Casey's pizza (my favorite kind of pizza y'all) Sunday night even though I just went to the store and bought all that stuff! I know, that is the dumbest thing ever!  But I was in the mood for it and we had enough box sides for a free one!!  (It's the little things people!)

Good news is I only had three small pieces of pizza and NO POP!!  This is a HUGE SUCCESS for me y'all!!!  I could eat half a large Casey's Pizza and nothing goes better with that than a BIG POP!!  But I restrained and I am still alive to talk about it!!

Monday was a "cold day" for Big B at school so he got to stay home with mom in the morning and dad in the afternoon.  I made vegetable beef soup and cooked it in the crock-pot all day.  DAMN that stuff was good for supper that night!!!

I had it for lunch the next day and it was even better the second time around!!

I am doing better about taking my lunch to work and making sure I have snacks too.  I am NOT doing good about eating breakfast.  I am just not a breakfast person!  Unless it is BACON and hash browns.  I can eat the SHIT out of some bacon y'all!!!!  That might be why the Hubs bought us tickets to Baconfest this year!!  More on that to come FOR SURE!!

I made some whole wheat spaghetti for dinner tonight and Big B LOVES that stuff!!  I for one would prefer to have the whole wheat over regular anyway, so that is good!

I believe we are having chicken tomorrow night, what are some good ways to "jazz" up chicken breasts?  I am known to just throw a bunch of stuff in a zip lock baggie along with the chicken and let is marinade for a while then back it in the oven for a while.  Garlic, mustard, honey, vinegar, whatever is in the front of the fridge!?

Sorry, so much for being short!!  If y'all having noticed I like to go on, and on about stuff!

Well the good news is things are still going as planned!  I haven't had a pop in 8 days, and I am still ALIVE so that is a plus!! :)


Let's Do This Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment