Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Family Reunion!!

Well we had a very busy yet relaxing weekend! We had the "James Gang" family reunion on Sunday.  The weather held out and it was a beautiful day!!  We had planned to go down and camp one night but with the weather calling for rain and wind all weekend we decided to just go down for the day on Sunday. 

For those of you that know me well, know I am not exactly a "limber" shall we say person.  However, my cousins (all the girl ones I guess it turns out) ride horses all the time and back in the day I was known to ride them now and then.  HOWEVER, it has been a good 15 years since I have been on one let alone ridden one for more than two minutes!  So, Sunday morning shortly after arriving at the family "camping ranch" I decided Why Not!!?? It took a minute but I got up in the saddle and it didn't take a crane to get me up there! LOL 

Me riding Buttercup........slow and "fluffy" horse
We went on a trail ride and I had a BLAST!!! It was like I had never been out of the saddle! You might be able to take the girl off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the girl!!  Notice the attire isn't exactly cowgirl attire but I was doing it!! :)  We tried to get B to pet the horse but that was NOT going to happen.  I tried to even get him up there with me but that was for SURE not going to happen!

There was a HUGE potluck with about 88 (give or take a few) people there.  This was my Gramp's side of the family.  My Great Grandma passed away a few years ago at the AMAZING age of 97 and she was the most wonderful women you will ever meet!!!  She had 6 AMAZING children.  When the family reunion was being put together the "Camping Ranch" is on the family farm and is right beside the Century Farm.  So the idea of doing a GIANT family picture just seemed to make sense.  Shortly after we all stuffed ourselves we headed over for family pictures.
The Camping Ranch with Pot Luck getting started

Everyone enjoying their wonderful food!
  Do you know how hard it is to get 88 people with little ones organized for a group picture?  Actually, it wasn't that bad.  The only bad part was it was at 2 in the afternoon and B, along with all the other little ones had been playing all day until then and it was about nap time for them.  So that was the only real struggle was keeping them awake and not cranky. 


This is my Gramps and Grams with his siblings.  (Gramps & Grams are in the black t-shirts)
This is my immediate family minus 12 I believe.  This is just my aunts, uncles and cousins! I LOVE my family!!
We had so much fun catching up with family members that we hadn't seen in years!  Most of them had never seen B or hadn't seen him since he was a baby.  Of course, when Gramma and Papa are around, the Hubs and I might as well just leave him alone!!  He is such a busy boy and he would rather be with them than us! As you see in the picture above, Gramma is holding him because when I tried to hold him, he would scream!!  Nice how that works!

B "driving" the tractor with Gramma & Papa
One of the FEW times he actually sat down all day!

It was very hard to get him off the tractors all day!
The rain held off until about 5:30 when most of the non camping families had left.  We were still there and the rain hit hard!  We stayed under the shelter for a while.  Tin shelter and hard rain and hail..........makes it very hard to hear anything!!!  It was getting close to 7 and B was fading fast! So Gramma took him to their camper and gave him a bath..........he needed it after a full day of playing on the farm!  We put his jammies on and headed for him.  He made it about a half mile down the road and he was SOUND ASLEEP!!! 

We got him in the house, put in bed and the car emptied and he sleep like a log!  He didn't wake up the next morning until 7:30!!  We need to go to the farm to play more often!!!  B LOVES it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment