Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Parenting

When the Hubs and I decided we wanted to try and start a family there are so many things you sit and think about...........can we afford to have a baby is always the first thing that comes to mind! 

But there are other things that come to mind too! 
Like will I be a good parent? 
Will I make the right choices for my child?
Will they be healthy?
Is it the right time in our lives for children?

All these things play into the decision but in my way of life, it is ultimately up to God himself.  He has a plan for all of us and he knows when things are right for us. (I don't like to get very religious on here because we all have our own thoughts and believes.)  But, at the same time, I wanted to be REALLY sure we were "READY" for a baby before we had one. 

Are you ever really ready?!?!?!  I have heard that statement so many times, I couldn't even tell you!!  And the answer is, Yano.  Financially, you will NEVER be ready for a child so just forget it!!  Is it the right time?  Most of the time this answer is no as well, but you learn to make time, trust me! Will I make the right choices?  I say yes, because he is my child and I am doing what I feel is best for him!

But lately, I have been really struggling with this whole parenting thing!!!  Don't get me wrong I love B more than words will EVER be able to express!!!  He is the BEST thing (other than meeting the love of my life) that has EVER happened to me and I honestly don't know what we EVER did before we had him!!!  But, I struggle with if I am doing things right or wrong, and if I am being a good mom a lot.

Now, I don't know if this is just because I am a first time mom, or because I have A LOT going on ALL THE TIME, or just because I tend to be more on the worrier side of things.  I just wonder if I am doing what is best for B all the time. 

He has tubes in his ears but we are still battling the ear infections A LOT this past couple of months.  So am I being one of those CRAZY mom's that takes their child to the doctor all the time if I try to get him back into the ENT and see what is going on?  Or am I being a neglectful parent if I just sit and wait and see if it gets better as it warms up?!?!!?

Also, when B doesn't feel so good I tend to let him get away with more than I would if he feels fine.  Such as, we are working on trying to get rid of the paci.  We are just allowing  him to have it at bedtimes and when taking a nap.  He isn't allowed to have it during the day or when he is up walking around.  He has to be on one of our laps going to sleep to have it.  But, last night he didn't feel good due to the ear infection and getting two more teeth in.  So, what does mama do?  Let him have his paci most of the night!!  I know........it is terrible, but I just feel bad for him!!  But it is so hard when he is this cute!!



And trying to get him to go to sleep on his own instead of us putting him to sleep is just not happening AT ALL!!!  To our defense......... our house is small and B doesn't have his own room.  So his crib is in the dinning room and there isn't any way to shut it off from the living room where we are.  So we either go to bed when he does and shut the whole house down, or put him to sleep before he goes to his crib. 

So, I guess what I am saying here is, yes I am a worrier but you always want the very best for your child!!  And that right now is very hard for me...........because I am not sure I am doing that! 

And last but not least..................we aren't brushing teeth right now, so should I be in mama jail?!?!?!?!  I just can't get in the routine of doing it!!!!  Are all his teeth going to fall out?!?!?!?  It is bad enough he still has the paci................WOW!!!!  Get a grip women!!  (that is me talking to myself......I do that a lot!)

So the moral of this blog.............it doesn't really matter what we do for our kids...........parenting is hard no matter what and all you can really do is try your best and do what you think is best for your child!  And he is only 18 months!!!!!!!  What am I doing to do when the HARD stuff comes!?!?!?!?!?

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment