Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day I didn't want anything except to be with B and plant flowers at home if the weather was nice!  And that was EXACTLY what I got to do!! 

I will work my way backwards on the weekend recap as it ended WAY better than it started! :)

Sunday was PERFECT!!!  We all three slept in late and then we ordered a breakfast pizza (not on the diet but oh well!) and ate it like it was on fire!!!  It was so delicious and B loved it too!! 

Then we just hung out for a while not really doing much of anything.  B was exhausted and napped for about 2 1/2 hours.  Once he woke up we got him some lunch and then decided to make a trip to Home Depot for some flowers and materials. 

I don't have much room at our house for planting things, but with the house for sale it is nice to have a little curb appeal!  So spending $100 wasn't exactly in the budget but, you do what you have to I guess!!  It looks great and I will try to get a picture for y'all soon......however, I did have lots of help from B so that was worth all the money in the world!!

I'm pretty sure he ate a couple hand fulls of dirt, but isn't that what all little boys do?!?!?! 

I got these beautiful flowers delivered to me at work on Friday before the weekend.  This picture was taken 5 days after getting them, so they are still looking great!

Now, moving on to the NOT SO GREAT part of my weekend!!  Saturday morning I went to the local Farmer's Market to work for a friend of mine at her family's booth! It was a BLAST!!!!  I am so happy they ask me to help them out this year and I can't wait until I work again!!  (Obviously this wasn't the crappy part I am talking about......) The Hubs took B and went to see his parents for the day, while I was working that morning.  We had to close the booth down early due to the CRAZY strong wind on Saturday so that was not cool but I got to go get a Starbucks (White Chocolate Mocha not on the diet either but Mama likey!!) so Mama was happy with that!! 

I pull up the the house and it hits me (no not the house, this thought) I don't have a house key!!!!  See we are borrowing my dad's car for a little while since we are down to one vehicle for the time being.  And I don't have my usual keys on my dad's key ring which has MY house key on it.  I left my purse in the house so I didn't have to have it in the car during the market.  I just took my money pouch that has my cards and ID in it and that was all I needed at the market...........WRONG!!!! 

So here I am, 11am sitting in front of my house with no key, and no way of getting in the house.  Now, I know what you are thinking here................don't you have one of those hidden key things somewhere?  Well if I did, I wouldn't be in this sitch right now......................And yes to answer your next question....that would be the smart thing to have in this sitch wouldn't it!!! 

I call the Hubs to tell him how much of an IDIOT I am for locking myself out of the house and just let him know what is going on.  The plus side is I have a car to drive around and I have money so I am not totally screwed here!  I wanted to get a pedi that afternoon anyway so, no time like the present.  I hate getting a pedi if I don't have flip flops to wear after getting one done but, I can't get in the house to get my shoes so.....deal sister!  My mani/pedi place is just around the corner from our house so I buzz on over. 

Any other time I would go to get a pedi and want to be in and out and it takes forever.  This time I have PLENTY of time to kill and she gets me right in! So now, I realize my cell phone battery is going dead and wouldn't you know it........I don't have a charger!!  Of course I don't!!  So after getting my pedi (in jeans and tennis shoes which I hate doing in both!) I let my toes dry about 5 times under the dryer.  Then I leave on the disposable flip flops and walk three stores down in the strip mall to the cell phone place and buy a phone charger!  This day is quickly getting expensive!! 

Yep, that killed about an hour and a half!!  Good Grief!!!  Now what am I going to do!?!?! Well, my wedding ring had to be sent in for the prongs to be tightened and I had gotten a call that it was in, so I head on over to the mall.  I decide first that I will get something to eat as it is after 1pm and I am starting to get a little hungry.  Now, keep in mind, I look a HOT MESS!!!!!  I was out in the wind ALL MORNING so my hair.......not so cute!!  I have food all over the front of me from working and I have on disposable flip flops on!!!!  If only I had remember to snap a selfie for y'all!!  It would have MADE YOUR DAY!!  Since I have a little self worth, I ditched the foam flip flops and put on my tennis shoes.  By this time my toes had to be dry and I had nothing to worry about.  I go into the mall and head to the food court.

The Hubs isn't a huge fan of Chinese food so when I get the chance to eat it and he isn't with me......that is what I get. Panda Express it was..................taking my time of course!!  Then I decided to get a little exercise in while I was there.  So I walked the lower level and the upper lever both.  Not sure how far that is but I did it.  Then went to get my ring and stopped in a couple of shops here and there.  Look at my watch.........you guessed it!!!!  Why is in when you have a million things to do time flies!! When you have NOTHING to do, it CRAWLS!!  So what I did next ladies and gentlemen I am not proud of, but yes I did it. 

You know there are these BIG comfy leather couches all around the mall.  Well I found one at the end where it was nice and quiet.  And then, I took a NICE LONG NAP!!!  I am sure I was snoring LOUDLY because when I woke up my throat hurt and that usually means I have been snoring.  So yes, I was one of those people you see sleeping on the couches at the mall. But I didn't have anything else to do!!! 

Finally about 4 the Hubs called and said him and B where almost home and he would meet me there!!! To make the day even worse than it already was, I take my shoes and socks off and............you guessed it!  My pedi was JACKED due to having my tennis shoes and socks on!!! Now don't think for one minute he has let me live down the fact that I locked myself out of the house!!! 

All in all I had a GREAT Mother's Day and I hope all of you did too!!!  You don't have to have kids to enjoy Mother's Day.  Fur kids count too!!! 

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment