Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Member!

I am sorry I haven't posted since Monday.  Things have been a little crazy this week at Mama Nellie's house!!

Tuesday we welcomed a new member into our family............well not what you are thinking but B has a new baby cousin to play with!!!  She is ADORABLE, of course, and we had to go see her right away!!  B wasn't sure at first about her but then he gave her kisses and was fine with her.  I think he was glad we left her at the hospital though!! Welcome to the family Princess!


Tuesday night we came home and mowed the yard and played outside!!  I LOVE mowing the yard!!  I didn't used to but that was when we had a HUGE yard and I was a kid and it was part of our kid job to mow the yard!! Now it is fun and it only takes me about 30 minutes to mow, trim, and blow off the sidewalk!!  Doesn't get much better than that.  :)

B wasn't a fan of the mower, he wanted me to hold him and daddy to mow but mommy didn't like that idea.  He got used to it and got to help me push the mower back to the shed. (No, it wasn't running, I am not THAT dumb!!)
Wednesday we just kinda hung out since it was raining and didn't do much.  It is nice to have nights like that since we don't get them very often now that the weather is nice.

I read an article about how 2 out of 5 people have tattoos and it got me thinking.  It also said people are thought to be less attractive and less intelligent because of having tattoos. So yesterday I decided to do a survey and see how many people I know, DO NOT have tattoos.  As you may, or may not know about me, I have several tattoos.  I am VERY PROUD of my tattoos and I wouldn't change any of them for the world!!  I got my very first one when I was 18 and once I got that one, I was hooked!  I went with my very good friend to get it here in Des Moines and I was SCARED TO DEATH!!!  It is a very small one but it was my first one.

After my survey yesterday there are a lot of people I know that do not have tattoos. I was SHOCKED by the numbers actually!  The age group of people that don't is what surprised me.  There were several people in the 30-39 age group that don't have one and said would never get one.  The article said this age group was the most popular group to have them.   

I am fine with the 2 out of 5 people having them.............that is cool, because 2 of the three people in my house have them (Duh one of them is 17 months he can't get one, YET!)...............BUT please don't think I am not attractive or intelligent just because I chose to do something you don't chose to do.........this is where I have an issue!!! I used to have my nose pierced too...........does this bother you?  I am not turning this into a debate I just want you to remember the people that you are judging can be people just like you.  I am a small town, farm girl that loves to be on the farm, drink a cold beer and listen to country music.  I really am no different that you.  Well maybe a little bit.............I have ink on my skin but that is all! :)  I am not here to pressure into getting ink done..........just keep an open mind please!! :)

Some of the responses on the survey were funny to me and this is just because they were all my friends and I know everyone who made the comments.  But think about this..............if you see someone on the street and they have tattoos...........do you think differently of them?  The comment about if God wanted me to have them he would have given me a birthmark, I thought this was the best comment ever!!  I couldn't agree more!  I have a very large birthmark on my back so I believe that God wanted me to get tattoos.  In fact, I have a scripture on my right ankle to remind me how I got through the hard times when my Hubs was in the hospital.  I also have a cross with "Love is Unstoppable" on it on my right shoulder blade for the love I have of my Hubs for everything he went through when he was sick!  I know God wanted me to have those because he gave me the birthmark first.
The one that I am the most proud of is the one I got for B.  It has his actual foot and hand prints and the wording is in his birthstone color.  This is something that no one else will ever have and I LOVE it!
  

This is going to sound insane but I am DEATHLY scared of needles.  I hate them and I crawl under the table when I have to get a shot.  But I have tattoos?  Yes!  No, they don't hurt.  I will be the first person to say that it is a personal preference, however.  I have always known that I wanted to get at least one.  Then when I had my first one I knew I would have more. They are very addictive!  

The Hubs has one but he is planning on at least one more.  I think he will just get the one he has planned and then be done.  I however, know I will get more.  I really want the motherhood symbol on the top of my foot.  I have heard that is more painful than other places but we will see. When and if we have another child I will do the same for them as I did for B with the hand and foot prints.  

I know that tattoos aren't for everyone!  I can't see my parents with them that is for sure!! Although I did try to talk my mom into getting matching mother daughter ones and she just laughed at me!! My brother doesn't have any either and he never will I am sure.  I love him for that too!  He is always quick to give me his opinion about mine though and how it is time I grow up and stop getting mine! I know it is just because he loves and cares about me that he says anything at all.  I love him too!  But I will say this, this first time one of my nieces comes home with one................they better call their Aunt Heather to come and help them soften the blow!!! :)

Thank you all so much for the survey, it really did enlighten me!  But remember...........Don't knock it..Until you Rock it!!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment