Monday, May 20, 2013

Family!!

Over the weekend we had a Graduation party for one of my youngest cousins.  My dad's side of the family is pretty big.  He comes from a family of 4 and each of them had at least two children and now all of us are getting married and having kids of our own.  We are a pretty tight family and it is so wonderful!!  The Hubs took B to his side of the family for a birthday party.  (can't make it to all events but we try and sometimes we have to split up) 

So to start the trip back home, I decided that I needed something new to wear to the party.  I wanted something fun and cute since I haven't had a reason to really get dressed up for a while.  It was pretty warm on Saturday and the place where the party was didn't have air conditioning so drying my hair and expecting it to look good was pretty much out of the question.  So the "el'natural" look it was!!  This means put some product in, leave it wet, scrunch it up and away we go!!  

Now for the attire...........hmmmmmm, I will have to go to my new favorite place to shop and that is Maurices in Valley West Mall.  I am usually NOT a fan of this store but now that I found out they have clothes for the "fluffy" sized ladies, I am starting to like them even more.  AND the bigger plus........(no pun intended!) is they pretty much do the shopping for me!!! I walk in and tell them what I am sort of looking for.......25 minutes later I have a COMPLETE outfit, shoes and all and ready to head to the party.  I did have to make a quick stop next door for a strapless bra but details!! I mean honestly,,,,,,,who doesn't like having a personal shopper and I don't really have to pay for her!!!  I am buying the clothes, yes, but she is putting an outfit together for me and I don't have to do anything!!!  Doesn't get better than that in my opinion!!!

So here it is.............not the best picture but the entire outfit, shoes and necklace are from Maurices.  I LOVE IT!!! 
So off to the party I go.  It was great to see my family and just get to sit around and talk for a while.  I got to see some people I haven't gotten to see in a long time also.  My cousin graduated from the same High School that I went too so we knew a lot of the same people. 

I am fortune enough to have a very close relationship with pretty much everyone in my family!!  Both of my AMAZING Grandmothers are still with us!!  My INCREDIBLE Grandfather is still with us as well.  I have four absolutely wonderful aunts who I know would help me out anytime I needed anything and the same with my three uncles!

I am a lot closer with my dad's side of the family than with my mom's but I think that is true with all families.  Most of the time you are always closer with one side more so than the other. I have a great relationship with my cousins on both sides but I am very close with some on my dad's side.  My dad's side of the family all try to get together and go camping and do things as a "Big" family as much as we can.  And I LOVE that!!!  I love sitting around listening to stories about things that happened before I was born or too young to remember.  Or talking about things that happened that I will never forget!!!  Have a close family is AMAZING and I couldn't ask for a better family!!!

I can't wait for this weekend as we are having a BIG family reunion on my dad's side so it will be even more extended family than normal.  So stay tuned for pictures and a report about the camp out and all of our great fun from that!!   

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!

1 comment: