Monday, April 22, 2013

Glow Run 5K

So this weekend was the Glow Run here in Des Moines!! It was a great time! I hadn't ran a 5K since sometime last year.  I have been working out but running outside is a lot different than using an elliptical machine I think. 

So the Hubs was supposed to go with me but had to work so I had a friend of mine step in. Here is a picture of us before the race started.  It was a little chilly but once we got started it was a great night for a run.  It wasn't my best time but like I said, I haven't ran for a while.  I was very proud of myself because I didn't stop one time to walk.  I wanted to a couple of times but I just kept pushing through.  I use my Hubs for motivation a lot and he wasn't able to be there so I thought of him a lot on Saturday.  My friend Kory got second (not that is was timed or placings) but he is a FAST runner!  GOOD job Kory!!



Here is a picture of me after the race.............NOT so pretty!!!!  But I ran the whole damn thing and I had to have a picture to prove it!
 B went and stayed at Gramma and Papa's house so I could run and the Hubs worked.  He loves going there but is always so tired when he gets home.....................they must play to hard out there or something!! :)  Here is a picture of him after we picked him up and on our way to run some errands.  He was ONE SLEEPY BOY!!
Well I hope y'all had a GREAT weekend!!  I know we did!

Piece and Chicken Grease Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment