Monday, April 15, 2013

Journey

Some of you might not know my journey with weight loss so I will fill you in on some of it.

I have struggled with my weight my WHOLE life. I realized when I was young that I was never going to be a size zero even if I starved myself!!  My bones aren't made that way and frankly my "chesticals" weigh more than some of those super models!!!

When I graduated high school I weighted 150 pounds but I was VERY active in all sports and busy doing everything from 4-H to FFA to working and babysitting!  I was BUSY!!!

Then I went to college.  It is called the freshman 15 for a reason and I put that to the limit and then some!!!  I thought I could eat what I wanted and drink what I wanted and not be as active as I used to be and still look the same............WRONG ANSWER!!!!

When I met my husband I was 25 years old and a LONG ways away from 150 pounds!!  But I wasn't as bad as I had been. We got engaged about a year later.  Here is an engagement picture or ours.


When we got married on 4-26-2008 I was actually in pretty good shape and I had lost a lot of weight from college and kept it off.  But who wouldn't when you are putting on a white dress to stand up in front of EVERYONE you know and have them ALL LOOK AT YOU!!!! Here is a picture of our wedding day.
Well after you are married for a while, what starts to happen?  You let yourself go, right? Hell yes you do! I had met the man of dreams and I didn't need to impress anyone anymore.  I ate what I wanted when I wanted and that was all I cared about. Plus a wife is supposed to cook for their husband, right?  Well I tried my best to do that and I didn't know what healthy cooking was!  I also have what some might call, a CHOCOLATE addiction.  And to make things worse, about 9 months after we got married my husband stopped smoking and then a month later I did too.  Now, I don't know if you have ever had the pleasure of going though this AWESOMENESS or not but talk about a weight gainer!!! It sucks ass MAJORLY!!!  And I put on a few extra 20 pounds with that!!!  So if you are keeping track I would guess by this time I have added on about 80-90 pounds to my "fluffiness" in our first year of marriage.  That's a whole lot of UNSEXYNESS!!!   This is me at one of the heaviest points of our marriage.

So I decided that was just what I was going to look like and be like for the rest of my life! Like it or not I was going to be fat and I had to live with it!Until..........November 19, 2009!  That was the day that changed my life, my husbands life, and our marriage FOREVER!!!!  I will fill you in on that on later!

No comments:

Post a Comment